I'm Starting the Bon Appétit Diet

You too can start this proven weight loss diet by Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen

I am Male Female
My first name
My e-mail

FORUM : Products and Food

Buffet!!!

by laarni (Calamba), Team Member Posted on 04/12/2012 9:12 am

Buffets are becoming a trend now in the food industry and it's attracting more and more people due to its wide selection of different dishes from different cuisines.

What about you? Have you tried eating in buffet restaurants? What are your preparations and strategies to maximize the money you paid for it?

Share it with us!

Return to Forum

Responses:

Posted by victoriacastillo (Parañaque)
On 06/18/2013 2:45 pm

Ugh, I had another heartburn-inducing buffet a few weeks ago. :) I reckon it's from eating too much meat plus carbs! That just tells me, if I intend to have dessert, I shouldn't eat too much meat, or vice versa. There was this other buffet when I had 5 servings of roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, but I didn't have dessert, and I was fine.

Posted by mommySette
On 05/16/2012 4:02 pm

My husband and I are always partners in buffet saga that's why we both get bigger year after year of marriage :D But we don't normally eat rice or just a little portion of it but we like pasta, carbo pa rin :^> and then all the sushi and yummy-licious meat and seafoods. He doesn't like sweets but I love sweets, I used to eat plenty of them @-)

With Cohen diet now in mind, I will be more mindful of what I eat in a buffet!

Posted by victoriacastillo (Parañaque)
On 04/20/2012 4:28 pm

I just went to a lunch buffet today. Oops!

(cross-post from BelleToday)

When I'm expecting to eat at a buffet during the weekend, I clean my diet—no sweets, no fried food, no junk food...but I still eat 3 square meals a day, including a good choice of snack if I happen to be hungry in between meals.

On the day of the buffet, I try to eat light and low-fat. That's because I can't exactly fast...I will suffer from gas pains if I eat nothing and then suddenly eat copious amounts at a buffet.

At the buffet, I admit, I don't really eat salads and rice. I go straight to the protein to get my money's worth, hehe...beef, lamb, salmon, shrimp; then foie gras if it's available. I eat until I'm full. For the dessert, I actually usually skip cakes because they're heavy. But I don't like fruits. So I go for mousses and creams.

The week after, I go back to my pre-buffet plan of keeping it healthy, and also try not to miss a day of exercise.

I once ate at a buffet (a Brazilian churrasceria, to be exact) and suffered a horrible heartburn. Haha! I've been more careful since then. O:-)

Posted by fabulousgem (Cebu city)
On 04/19/2012 11:09 am

Hi! I don't eat in buffet or All-you-can-eat restos UNLESS someone will pay for my meal (lolers!), for example, only if there's a lunch meeting or team building to be paid by the company. In that way, I don't feel that I have to stuff myself with food to get back my money's worth. I eat only the dishes I rarely get to taste, and those I can't eat elsewhere.

Posted by mabc21 (Paranaque)
On 04/18/2012 10:36 am

I try not to eat rice when eating in buffet restaurants and i also drink less. More room for other dishes. :D

Posted by christined
On 04/13/2012 4:11 pm

I take a little piece of everything. This way, I can taste the different dishes without worrying of feeling full right away. :-q

Comments 1 - 6 of 6

Access to and use of the forum is restricted to participants of the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen. You can start the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen now at an afforable price.

Already a member? Log in here.

Be healthy, happy, and slim with
good eating habits

I've helped millions around the world lose weight; and now, it's your turn to enjoy my expertise!

Stay Connected

The Bon Appétit Diet in the Media. (Roll over to read)