I'm Starting the Bon Appétit Diet

You too can start this proven weight loss diet by Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen

I am Male Female
My first name
My e-mail

FORUM : My First Weeks on the Bon Appétit Diet Program

I'm starting on Monday

by newgirlmm (Batangas City) Posted on 12/14/2011 9:51 pm

Hello to everyone here. Just signed up and am excited to continue my weight loss with the program. I'm moderately active (running, boxing and strength training) but I need lots of help with meal plans. I've tried other programs but, as they're not made for Filipinos, most of the ingredients are hard to find locally. Really glad I found this one.

Can't wait to start!

Return to Forum

Responses:

Posted by Coolmom (Mandaluyong)
On 03/12/2012 11:09 am

hello to everyone! i'm not sure what to do yet but i'm late for my breakfast as it is because i had to attend to my children's needs. :( I'll try to salvage what i can to make sure i fulfill my diet plan. i'll be back later cause i have to get ready for work. :-S it is so difficult to stay on a diet when i have such odd working hours!

Posted by armi_adecer (Cabanatuan City)
On 02/23/2012 10:45 am

dear chesca, we share the same issues: being busy working mothers who are also trying to adapt a new healthy lifestyle. it takes time to be able to get used to it, but i am sure you will eventually know your way. take a look at you suggested meal plans ahead of time so you will know how much rice/starch you have to consume for the entire day. the same goes for your meat/fish and dairy.opt for the leanest meat portions and remove the skin of chicken. that way, even if you cannot prepare the suggested recipes, you can gauge what food you can eat while at work. you will notice that the daily menu always contain starch/carbs, dairy, meat (fish/pork/beef/chicken), vegetables and fruits in varying amounts. if after each meal you still feel you need more, opt for vegetables and fruits. there are a lot of temptations at work aside from your co-workers who constantly offer food for you to eat, there are also the knick-knack vendors and the special offers. what i usually do is i bring to work (baon) fruits and vegetables that i can munch whenever i feel like eating. that way, you can still follow your meal plan without being hungry.

On 02/23/2012 10:44 am

dear chesca, we share the same issues: being busy working mothers who are also trying to adapt a new healthy lifestyle. it takes time to be able to get used to it, but i am sure you will eventually know your way. take a look at you suggested meal plans ahead of time so you will know how much rice/starch you have to consume for the entire day. the same goes for your meat/fish and dairy.opt for the leanest meat portions and remove the skin of chicken. that way, even if you cannot prepare the suggested recipes, you can gauge what food you can eat while at work. you will notice that the daily menu always contain starch/carbs, dairy, meat (fish/pork/beef/chicken), vegetables and fruits in varying amounts. if after each meal you still feel you need more, opt for vegetables and fruits. there are a lot of temptations at work aside from your co-workers who constantly offer food for you to eat, there are also the knick-knack vendors and the special offers. what i usually do is i bring to work (baon) fruits and vegetables that i can munch whenever i feel like eating. that way, you can still follow your meal plan without being hungry.

Posted by Chesca (Parañaque)
On 02/22/2012 10:07 pm

Hi Armi,Charmaineanne and Victoria! Many thanks for your suggestions/reply. Thank God I was able to start my program last Monday - Feb. 20. As much as i wanted to seriously follow my meal plan, i just can't as it requires a lot of preparation. So i just eat what i could have as long as watching for the cal. By the way, i'm not yet familiar with the ins & out of your site so pls bear with me...hehehe. Likewise, i couldn't visit the site daily to update my journal so pls be patient with me and pls try to check my journal often so u could adv me asap if i'm on the wrong track. Instead of weight loss, i might be ending in a weight gain. Hope NOT! Appreciate your assistance on this...Many thanks!

Posted by victoriacastillo (Parañaque)
On 02/21/2012 2:15 pm

@ Geraldine: Welcome! =)

Hi Chesca, sorry, I'm a bit late in addressing your concern, but that time that you say you gained weight, were you experiencing your period? It's normal to have weight fluctuations during your period. I sometimes gain up to five pounds when I get my period, only to have them gone after a few days.

Posted by geraldine (Quezon City)
On 02/20/2012 10:46 am

Hi to one and all! it's my first time to join the Forum and very excited to start my weight loss, but i just received my diet program this morning. I hope i can catch up and be successful with Dr Cohen's help and everyone. :)

On 02/18/2012 7:34 am

O:-) :-q :) :-* ;)
so glad i can be of help. i guess i am just paying it forward for all the help i got from all of you guys. bon appetit!

Posted by charmaineanne (San Pedro), Community Manager
On 02/16/2012 10:09 am

Hi Chesca,

armi_adecer already said it all =) You can do everything she suggested. Don't feel overwhelmed with yogurt. It may not be pleasant to eat at first because it is kind of sour, but you will get used to it.

And to armi_adecer, wow! I feel really proud to have you on the program! I'm glad you learned so much and I hope you continue to inspire your fellow Bon Appetit Dieters :D

On 02/16/2012 1:53 am

hi there, chesca! welcome aboard! i am not a nutritionist but with my 2 months experience on this program, allow me to share what i already know. yogurt is classified as a dairy product and if you will look at dr. cohen's bonus section, you will find alternative/equivalent dairy foods which you can consume in place of yogurt. for example, since non fat milk is also a dairy product, you can drink an equivalent amount of this in place of yogurt. don't like milk or with lactose intolerance? then may i suggest you try out soy milk which is almost always available at sm or robinson's grocery. you can also opt to eat cottege cheese, instead, which is also considered a dairy product. but, seriously, do you really hate yogurt, or is it just because you have yo eat plain yogurt vs. the sweet/flavored ones? one trick i do, although i don't really know if this is allowed, is to add artificial sweetener, such as equal/splenda/or palsweet to my plain yogurt, and voila! instant treat! (i think they will advise you to use powdered stevia in place of the artificial sweeteners, although my problem is that, as much as i would love to do the same, it is not readily availably in my locality and i heard the price is not that good also). i think i already consumed a lot of space in this one, but i hope i helped you in some way.

Posted by Chesca (Parañaque)
On 02/15/2012 9:18 pm

Hi everyone! it's my first time to join FORUM. I was supposed to start my program last Feb. 6 but failed to do so as i am a busy working mom (without kasambahay). I tried for 2 days (1400 kcal) last week but then stopped as i thought i gained weight. Maybe it's because i'm used to eat less. So i really felt super full when i tried the Bon Appetite Diet. After reading all the sessions of Dr. Cohen just now, I wanted to try & start again on monday. I really wanted to do this and succeed! Btw, i don't like yogurt so what can replace this?

Comments 1 - 10 of 15

Access to and use of the forum is restricted to participants of the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen. You can start the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen now at an afforable price.

Already a member? Log in here.

Be healthy, happy, and slim with
good eating habits

I've helped millions around the world lose weight; and now, it's your turn to enjoy my expertise!

Stay Connected

The Bon Appétit Diet in the Media. (Roll over to read)