I'm Starting the Bon Appétit Diet

You too can start this proven weight loss diet by Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen

I am Male Female
My first name
My e-mail

FORUM : My First Weeks on the Bon Appétit Diet Program

Any Vegetarians on BAD?

by ncc13 (Paranaque) Posted on 01/04/2012 7:03 pm

How have you adjusted the meal plans to make them vegetarian? What replacements did you make for the meat and dairy products?

Return to Forum

Responses:

Posted by charmaineanne (San Pedro), Community Manager
On 02/17/2012 10:37 am

Hi robles_mr,

Rice is a starch so you have to substitute it with starch also. If you are not fond of it, you may replace rice with whole wheat bread, rolled oats, potato, camote, corn and noodles. You can refer to the List of Food Equivalences for other starch substitutes.

Posted by robles_mr (Antipolo City)
On 02/17/2012 10:07 am

hi.. i wanted to ask what vegetable are best to continue with the diet because i am not a fan of eating rice..what is the best substitute for it?what fruit or vegetable? thanks

Posted by ncc13 (Paranaque)
On 01/05/2012 1:15 pm

Hi Laarni, thanks for replying. I already checked the List of Food Equivalences before posting actually, and unfortunately I find it extremely lacking for vegetarians.

According to the list, the only non-meat substitute I can make for meat would be tofu. I love tofu but if I follow the Structure for Custom Meal Plans, I might grow to hate it as I would need to eat a piece of tofu for each meal every single day. I believe a successful diet includes variety so I was hoping to get more information on types and quantities of vegetables I can eat while still staying nutritionally balanced. Beans/ pulses/ nuts are also great sources of protein but I don't think I saw any mention of these as viable alternatives for the meat portions in the diet. These are also not mentioned in the list of vegetable equivalences. Is there more information out there?

Posted by laarni (Calamba), Team Member
On 01/05/2012 8:43 am

For you to know the suggested substitutes for food items, please refer to the List of Food Equivalences under Meals>Bonus. It contains the quantity of food item per portion. Also check the Structure for Custom Meal Plans under Meals>Bonus for the calorie level and profile that you want to follow to know the serving sizes of each food item in your meal plan.

You will find all suggested substitutes and quantity for food items under List of Food Equivalences.

Comments 1 - 4 of 4

Access to and use of the forum is restricted to participants of the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen. You can start the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen now at an afforable price.

Already a member? Log in here.

Be healthy, happy, and slim with
good eating habits

I've helped millions around the world lose weight; and now, it's your turn to enjoy my expertise!

Stay Connected

The Bon Appétit Diet in the Media. (Roll over to read)