I'm Starting the Bon Appétit Diet

You too can start this proven weight loss diet by Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen

I am Male Female
My first name
My e-mail

FORUM : Morale and Motivation

No Sweets Challenge!

by gisaparedes (Quezon City), Team Member Posted on 02/01/2012 3:00 pm

The energy on BelleToday this January has truly been inspiring and that's why we, The BelleToday team, have taken it upon ourselves to do something fun for February. We're calling it the "No Sweets Challenge" and we're putting in a prize amongst ourselves that will go to the last man standing.

For one week, we, the BelleToday Team, will stay sweet-free!

Now, I'm sure all of you know how hard that is to give up. This challenge is going to be a lot of fun! Haha!

Would you like to challenge yourself and stay sweet-free for 1 week? Stay tuned to find out more about the challenge!

Return to Forum

Responses:

Posted by laarni (Calamba), Team Member
On 11/22/2012 1:47 pm

@whitechocolate
If you really want taho, ask for a half portion of syrup to lessen calories and have it as a replacement to 1 dairy serving.

alcoholic drinks, I suggest 1 glass of wine instead. 1 bottle of beer I can allow you but you need to have a recovery meal the day after.

Posted by whitechocolate (Paranaque)
On 11/20/2012 6:36 pm

Hi, its my second day on the program. Reading the foods to stay away from is like reading my all time list of favorite food :-O

I'm surprised with the taho with syrup this is my favorite food/ treat on weekends. I read in the internet that it is only 184 cal if i eat this do i give up the dairy and fruit on my meal plan?

Alcoholic drinks - ouch there goes my saturday gimmik. Are we referring to the beer, wine or mixed drinks now available in the market ie tanduay ice, vodka cruiser? Is it totally bad to take one or two bottles while following your diet? Can't it be part of the "cheat?" :P

Posted by Carol_ami (Quezon City)
On 05/31/2012 9:50 pm

I have been sweet-free since I started with the Cohen diet, except for a teaspoon of this and that just to taste for the first time & on Mother's Day when I had very thin slices of the rolls my kids gave me as gift. I have a sweet tooth and I still buy sweets occasionally... for others, for my family and our household helpers who appreciate them. It is like I have enjoyed the sweets also when I see others I give them to enjoy them. I have resisted eating Magnum ice cream, not once. I have resisted all the sweets at Buffet 101. What makes me so motivated? I guess it is because the diet works. And I don't want to regain the pounds that I lost already.

Posted by gisaparedes (Quezon City), Team Member
On 02/03/2012 9:22 am

That is awesome, Dana! Did you struggle tho at some point? or have you just gotten used to munching on fruits instead?

Posted by attydanamendiola (Paranaque)
On 02/02/2012 5:41 pm

I LOVE SWEETS! The No. 1 reason why I became overweight was too much sweets. You'll always see me munching on a chocolate bar, doughnut, cupcake, cookie, etc. But since I started this diet. I only get to eat fruits. I've been sweet-free for 11 days! O:-)

but of course i'll make an exception this Valentine's Day! :x (yes, I'll remember to eat only a tiny slice of cake)

On 02/02/2012 8:36 am

On day 1 of the challenge, I admit there was a bit of a struggle, and by the nTH meal i had to take salty I was already looking for something sweet to wash it all away. That's why on the 2nd day, I came prepared with a BANANA which I traded with Karen for a orange slices instead.

I never realized how good fruits could taste when you've been deprived of sweets for TWO full days. I'm not starving, but I have to admit my body does feel a lot better, not to mention, I feel like with all the fruits, my skin is glowing as well. There really is nothing like mother nature's own remedy!

So far I've been surviving on fruits and for as long as I get my daily fix, I am completely content.

Would you like to challenge yourself somehow? Join us and be sweet free for FIVE days!

Posted by charmaineanne (San Pedro), Community Manager
On 02/01/2012 3:08 pm

The BT Challenge: No Sweets Day #2

So far, so good!

The only challenge for me today was drinking a darker mix of coffee than I was used to. I kept my coffee with just 1 tsp of cream and 1 tsp of sugar today, and it turned out a little bit too bitter for my liking. Drinking it also felt like an espresso shot - I'm a bit jumpy after finishing a cup.

I realized that, although I am not so much of a sweet tooth, I was putting too much cream and sugar in my everyday cup of joe instead. This habit has to change. And it changes now (I promise!)

We also had mangoes and apples at the office today. A lot of the challengers are kind of hesitant to eat a mango because they think it's too sweet. To clear things up, fresh, ripe mangoes are allowed because they are still well within the Medium GI (Glycemic Index). But, mango jam and dried mangoes are considered as a sweet already.

Breakfast: 1/2 of ham and egg sandwich, 1 cup coffee with 1 tsp cream and 1 tsp sugar
Lunch: 1/2 cup chopsuey, 1/2 cup rice, 1 stick bbq
Snack: 1/2 of ham and egg sandwich, 1 slice apple, 1 slice ripe mango
Dinner: 1/2 cup ginisang sitaw at kalabasa with dilis, 1/2 cup rice, 1 banana

Posted by charmaineanne (San Pedro), Community Manager
On 02/01/2012 3:06 pm

The BT Challenge: No Sweets Day #1

Whew, it has been a rough day! Let me tell you first about my bad luck last night. I was out hangin' with a special friend at Festival Mall Alabang. Just as we were about to go home, I noticed too little too late that my bag was wide-open and MY WALLET WAS NO LONGER THERE! I can shout a million atrocities.right.about.now. but it won't change the fact that my wallet will still be lost forever. Along with my money, important IDs and ATM cards, my treasured graduation picture of friends, my souvenir college ID, some years of treasured memories collected in one wallet. ALL GONE.

Anyway, I took a leave from work today so I can process the replacement of my lost cards and IDs. I went to PRC at Espana, HSBC at Makati, and LTO at Muntinlupa, quite a lot of distance covered for the day, and with the sweltering heat kanina, my stress about the situation upjumped. On the bright side of things, I managed to accomplish all that I have to do for the day, so yay! I can be in some kind of peace now.

Sticking with the "No Sweets Challenge" today proved to be really a challenge. I was tempted a few times to buy an ice cold soda just to quench my thirst. And buy a brownie so I can be happy just a little. BUT I DIDN'T! Another YAY! No Sweets Challenge Day 1 has been a success!

Breakfast: 2 pcs pandesal, butter, coffee
Lunch: California Maki Twister, mashed potatoes at KFC
Snack: 4 pcs siomai, water
Dinner: Nilagang Baka, 1/2 cup rice

Posted by laarni (Calamba), Team Member
On 02/01/2012 3:04 pm

It's already day 3 on this challenge. Here's how I'm doing so far.

I find it difficult to eat my oat bran and drink my coffee without sugar.

Thankfully, I already accustomed myself to drinking tea and the milk I put in my oat bran has its natural sweetness.

So far this BT No Sweets challenge is not much of a problem with me. I'm into salty foods rather than sweets especially now that I'm PMS -ing. errr...

Hmmm.. Come to think of it, the recent happenings in my love life are more than enough for me to taste the sweetness of life

Day 1:

Breakfast:

Oat bran + Green Tea

AM Snack: 2 slices bread with low fat cream cheese

Lunch:

1 broiled chicken thigh

1/2 cup rice

1 cup chopseuy

PM Snack:

1 pc apple

Dinner:

1 pc sinaing na tulingan

1/2 cup rice

1/2 cup kilawin labanos

Day 2:

Breakfast:

Oat bran + green tea

Lunch:

Ginataang tilapia

1/2 cup rice

Dinner:

Bento meal (beef misono + 4 maki)

On 02/01/2012 3:01 pm

What are allowed?

· Fruits (except the canned, sweetened, and dried kind) up to 3 servings per day

Here are the allowed fruits:

Citrus fruits (orange, ponkan, lemon, grapefruit)

Mango

Papaya

Pineapple

Grapes

Apples

Berries (only the fresh kind)

Kiwi

Banana (all types)

· Soda crackers, plain breads

· Milk, Plain yogurt

· Sweeteners (Stevia)

· You are allowed with just 1 tbsp of sugar ONLY for the day

· Plain popcorn

· Nuts

How will we know if you are being honest?

We would really appreciate it (meaning we will keep a hawk's eye on your blogs everyday haha) if you could fill up your Bon Appetit Diet food blogs everyday.

Comments 1 - 10 of 11

Access to and use of the forum is restricted to participants of the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen. You can start the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen now at an afforable price.

Already a member? Log in here.

Be healthy, happy, and slim with
good eating habits

I've helped millions around the world lose weight; and now, it's your turn to enjoy my expertise!

Stay Connected

The Bon Appétit Diet in the Media. (Roll over to read)