I'm Starting the Bon Appétit Diet

You too can start this proven weight loss diet by Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen

I am Male Female
My first name
My e-mail

FORUM : My First Weeks on the Bon Appétit Diet Program

switch kcal

by Vergie (Quezon City) Posted on 02/16/2012 3:22 pm

im on my first week doing the 1400 kcal meal plan, can i switchto 900 on my second week? will i lose weight even if i eat rice coz i noticed that rice is included in every meal. i want to limit my rice intake.

Return to Forum

Responses:

Posted by armi_adecer (Cabanatuan City)
On 02/18/2012 8:04 am

i was just browsing through the forums and your question ms. vergie caught my attention. before i followed this program, i am a voracious eater of rice, and other starches. when i realized the 1400 calorie per day was the most comfortable diet plan for me, eating two and a half cups of rice per day is sacrifice, sheer sacrifice considering my previous eating habits. i admire you for your decision to limit your rice intake. is it the eating of rice that you are concerned about or the calories per day that you will consume? i would like to share to you my experience with my 1400 cal diet plan. i chose this comfort diet, as what they called it for fear that i will get hungry if i chose the other lower calorie plans. with the two and a half cup of rice per day plan i was having, i was able to lose weight. surprised? me, too! i was not hungry, indeed, but i get rice / starch cravings during my first 2 weeks but not that frequent these days.(not to mention my not too frequent? slips and cheats! hehehe)however, if you really are not too fond of rice, there are other alternatives and you can find it in the table of equivalents (potato, cereals, etc.)if you will ask me, i suggest that you follow the comfort diet first, and if you realize you can go lower, then choose the semi fast (1200 cal). if you really don't like eating all the starches and not just rice, then eat more fruits and vegetables and meats.

Posted by victoriacastillo (Parañaque)
On 02/16/2012 4:43 pm

Hi Vergie, the specified portion of rice already counts towards the 1400 kcal/day plan, which is the recommended calorie intake for the average adult woman, for weight loss.

This is what Laarni, our registered dietitian, says about the 900 kcal plan:
"The rapid diet at 900 kcal / day is only advised for clients who gained weight or did not lose any weight within the week. It is strongly recommended to be followed for just 2 days, then the person may proceed with his/her normal calorie level."

It is an unfortunate misconception that eating rice leads to weight gain, when in fact rice provides fiber and nutrients! You gain weight when you eat way too much more calories than you actually expend, regardless of the source of calories.

If you feel full from eating a full cup of rice when specified during a meal, then you can cut back. That is, if you feel full. Don't be afraid to listen to your body. Just because you're on a diet doesn't mean you have to feel deprived or hungry. =)

Comments 1 - 2 of 2

Access to and use of the forum is restricted to participants of the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen. You can start the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen now at an afforable price.

Already a member? Log in here.

Be healthy, happy, and slim with
good eating habits

I've helped millions around the world lose weight; and now, it's your turn to enjoy my expertise!

Stay Connected

The Bon Appétit Diet in the Media. (Roll over to read)