I'm Starting the Bon Appétit Diet

You too can start this proven weight loss diet by Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen

I am Male Female
My first name
My e-mail

FORUM : My First Weeks on the Bon Appétit Diet Program

I feel stuffed after day 1!

by mamu-g (Las Pinas) Posted on 06/25/2012 8:33 pm

I managed to survive through the first day. Actually, midway through dinner I already felt so stuffed. I still have the 1 cup of yogurt and fruit juice but i feel like my stomach has no space for it anymore. Is this just normal? It feels as though I would be gaining weight rather than losing LOL. Is it ok if I don't consume everything in the meal plan or would I be lacking in needed nutrients? Also i followed the torta recipe as written but found it to be a bit salty for my taste. Is it ok also to not stick to the recipes and season the meals to fit my tastebuds?

Return to Forum

Responses:

Posted by piccadilly25 (San Juan City)
On 02/12/2013 11:56 am

Thank you for your replies here. It answered all ym queries :) This is the same concern I had after Day 1. :)

Thank you for your replies here. It answered all my queries :) This is the same concern I had after Day 1. :)

Thank you for your replies here. It answered all my queries :) This is the same concern I had after Day 1. :)

Posted by charmaineanne (San Pedro), Community Manager
On 11/20/2012 10:36 am

@ whitechocolate: As much as possible, yes, but you don't need to finish everything in one sitting. You can have other food items as snack, instead of resorting to unhealthy snacks. But above all, you don't need to force yourself to eat if you are satisfied already

You can have a sweet dessert from occasionally. Since you are just starting with the program, you can have 1 sweet dessert for the week. A sweet dessert could be anything like 1 sundae cone, puto bumbong or bibingka. Just make sure to substitute them

1 sundae cone = 1 dairy serving
1 bibingka or 3 pcs puto bumbong = 1 starch serving

Posted by whitechocolate (Paranaque)
On 11/19/2012 9:51 pm

@charmaineanne: That's quite reassuring to know that feeling stuffed is normal. I feel that I'm actually eating more than my usual meanls and I'm not even dieting then. I just want to ask do I have to finish all the food within the day? Just like now it's 9pm and I haven't started on my ponkan which is the last fruit of the day. I wasn't able to finish my rice and corn soup. Is it okay?

Finally when will I see something sweet as a dessert in the meal plan? All the desserts I noticed are fruits. When will it be okay to eat ice cream, sundae or eve taste bibinka and puto bumbong? B-)

Posted by asereht (pasig)
On 07/17/2012 3:27 pm

Just started today. Looking forward for my next menu :)

Posted by gisaparedes (Quezon City), Team Member
On 07/04/2012 10:37 am

Good to know you're doing well on your program! Dr. Cohen actually talks about this on his blog. You can check it out here: http://bon-appetit-diet.belletoday.com.ph/account/blog-jean-michel-cohen.asp#!/account/blog-jean-michel-cohen-comments.asp?val_id=100792

Posted by ngoccena
On 07/03/2012 3:21 pm

Im on day two of my diet. I feel stuffed on the 1st day eating the veges and all. now on day 2 I reserved the yougart for my afternoon snack. Ha! Ha! its 3pm. I feel I need to have something but i'm still full. :D

Posted by charmaineanne (San Pedro), Community Manager
On 06/26/2012 9:57 am

Hi mamu-g!

Great job on the first day of your diet! :) It is actually quite normal (and a common feedback) to feel stuffed after a meal. It seems so because these food items are nutrient-dense, especially the starches (bread and rice for example) and vegetables. These food items will easily fill you up because of the fiber they contain. If you can't finish all the food items in one sitting, you can eat some food items, like your fruit or yogurt as an afternoon snack.

You also have the liberty to season your dishes according to your preference :)

Comments 1 - 9 of 9

Access to and use of the forum is restricted to participants of the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen. You can start the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen now at an afforable price.

Already a member? Log in here.

Be healthy, happy, and slim with
good eating habits

I've helped millions around the world lose weight; and now, it's your turn to enjoy my expertise!

Stay Connected

The Bon Appétit Diet in the Media. (Roll over to read)