I'm Starting the Bon Appétit Diet

You too can start this proven weight loss diet by Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen

I am Male Female
My first name
My e-mail

FORUM : Recipes

Bon Appetit Recipes

by charmaineanne (San Pedro), Community Manager Posted on 10/12/2011 2:25 pm

How do you find the recipes on the site? Share your comments and suggestions so we can deliver with more flavorful and healthful meals!

Return to Forum

Responses:

Posted by charmaineanne (San Pedro), Community Manager
On 08/02/2012 11:07 am

Hi emily,

It won't hurt to try :) If you don't exactly like how the vegetables should be prepared in the recipes, check out our Bonus page > Delicious Cooking Without Unnecessary Fat for some tips!

Posted by emilywenceslao (Quezon City)
On 08/02/2012 10:31 am

As much as possible I want to try and follow your recipes though there are some that its not good to my taste, maybe because I am not used to just boil it and put everything in it. I used to cook vegetables with oil and put some shrimps stocks or cubed meat. But for a change and in a healthy way, I will try to eat them.

On 07/24/2012 11:03 am

Hi Timmy,

I apologize if you found the tools on your account a little overwhelming. To help you out, here's a simple guide in order to visualize the size, shape, and/or look of one serving of a particular food:

•A rounded handful - one 1/2 cup vegetables or fruit, 1/2 cup of cooked rice or pasta, or a snack serving of potato chips or pretzels
•Woman’s fist - another way of visualizing a serving of vegetables, or one piece of whole fruit
•A matchbox - a 30 g serving of meat, or a serving of cheese
•Deck of cards, or the palm of your hand (excluding fingers) - a 90 g serving (recommended serving) of meat, fish or poultry, or french fries
•Check book - a serving of fish (approximately 90 g)
•Tennis ball - 1/2 cup of pasta, or a serving of ice cream
•Thumb tip or one die - one teaspoon of margarine

For your specific questions on food, I already answered you on the Personal Questions tool :)

Posted by FatimaTimmy (Cainta)
On 07/24/2012 0:02 am

To be honest, I'm having difficulty measuring everything...120g for the meat, 60g of this and that. There are also no examples included to help members figure out choices of lean fish, lean ham, etc. If only you could include sample of names or brands, where to get. I hope I'll get assistance for this. Sorry I got frustrated on my DAY 1 because of the lack of information.

On 01/06/2012 11:13 am

Hi ocecarg19!

Thank you for your feedback! We will consider your suggestion and see what we can do to improve our recipe database. :)

Posted by ocecarg19 (Paranaque)
On 01/05/2012 6:49 pm

Hi Bon Appétit Team,

Would it be possible to indicate the KCal that a recipe is designed for?

It's a bit cumbersome clicking on different links of the same name, wondering why there are multiple copies, only to find out that some are for 1200 kcal, some are for 900 kcal, etc.

I'm sure a lot of our members will appreciate this little improvement.

More Power!

On 01/05/2012 3:47 pm

Hi Mrscruz!

Of course you can replace the dishes you don't really like with another! Just take note of the food portions in the recipe e.g kare-kare has 1 meat + 2 vegetables + 1 starch + 2 fat, then you can substitute it 1 serving of roasted chicken, a serving of any vegetable dish, a serving of bread or potato, and an allowance of fat (2 tsp butter or oil for example)

Also make sure that the recipe or dishes you replace it with is suitable to the calorie level you are following.

Posted by mrscruz (Quezon City)
On 01/05/2012 1:55 pm

I understand that this program was customized for the local market. But just because we are Filipinos, doesn't mean we enjoy just Pinoy food. I hope the menus can have more variety to include other types of cuisines. For instance, I don't necessarily enjoy Kare-Kare or Embutido. Does anyone have suggestions on how to substitue these dishes? :)

Comments 11 - 18 of 18

Access to and use of the forum is restricted to participants of the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen. You can start the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen now at an afforable price.

Already a member? Log in here.

Be healthy, happy, and slim with
good eating habits

I've helped millions around the world lose weight; and now, it's your turn to enjoy my expertise!

Stay Connected

The Bon Appétit Diet in the Media. (Roll over to read)