I'm Starting the Bon Appétit Diet

You too can start this proven weight loss diet by Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen

I am Male Female
My first name
My e-mail

FORUM : Products and Food

Calcium supplements for milk

by Jenlv (Quezon City) Posted on 08/25/2012 7:52 pm

The meal plans includes daily milk intake and don't like milk that much. I tired choosing no-cow's milk as preference, the low fat milk was substituted with soy milk, which is worse. Since I don't drink black coffee I use some of the milk allowance to substitute the cream in my coffee but not at the qty stated. In one of the session, it stated that dairy is important part of the diet Due to it's calcium content. Can I use calcium supplement instead of drinking milk? If yes, then what is the best supplement? Is Calciumade (orange drink) or Calci-chews (choco or caramel flavored chews) be acceptable or would it be better to take the tablet/capsule form such as Calci-aid?

Return to Forum

Responses:

Posted by charmaineanne (San Pedro), Community Manager
On 08/28/2012 10:44 am

Hi Jenlv,

There are other milk substitute that you may opt with aside from soy milk. Please check other dairy substitutes under the List of Food Equivalences in our Bonus page.

Calcium from natural food sources are best absorbed by the body, but if you are having a hard time consuming dairy, you can take any calcium supplement of your choice. The best calcium supplement for me are those coupled with Vitamin D and Vitamin K which help in better calcium absorption.

Comments 1 - 1 of 1

Access to and use of the forum is restricted to participants of the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen. You can start the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen now at an afforable price.

Already a member? Log in here.

Be healthy, happy, and slim with
good eating habits

I've helped millions around the world lose weight; and now, it's your turn to enjoy my expertise!

Stay Connected

The Bon Appétit Diet in the Media. (Roll over to read)