I'm Starting the Bon Appétit Diet

You too can start this proven weight loss diet by Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen

I am Male Female
My first name
My e-mail

FORUM : Questions About the Program

Calorie counters (mobile app)

by TracyCG (Tuguegarao) Posted on 02/27/2013 8:33 pm

I am obsessed with my iphone calorie counter. Sometimes a recipe in the meal plan calls for 90 grams protein but my 1200 kcal meal allows me only 164 kcal so I lower the grams in my meal so I can meet the 1200 ceiling. Are you guys doing this?

Return to Forum

Responses:

Posted by charmaineanne (San Pedro), Community Manager
On 02/28/2013 3:31 pm

@TracyCG: You're welcome. It's okay to use all the available resources for you. Also, being in the food industry yourself also gives you the edge when measuring your food portions according to what is best recommended for you in this program.

Posted by TracyCG (Tuguegarao)
On 02/28/2013 1:48 pm

Thanks Charmaine :) . I can't help myself relying on the numbers. You see I'm in the food industry and everything in our kitchen is portioned. So I live on the number of grams etc. I guess I do the counting so I can take note of what I'm eating so I can squeeze in a snack (fruit of course!) in there.

Posted by charmaineanne (San Pedro), Community Manager
On 02/28/2013 10:43 am

@whitechocolate and @tracyG: Hi ladies! I see what you mean. A calorie counter app is a good tool in approximating your calorie intake for the day. But be careful on relying on them too much, as you have both experienced, you are becoming obsessive over it. A +/- 50 calorie discrepancy throughout the day will not cause any great impact to your diet. It is also not a very good practice to decrease your protein intake than recommended because protein is very essential, as protein builds your lean body mass. When protein intake is not sufficient, lean body mass decreases. One could lose muscles instead of body fat.

Hitting the target of 1200 kcal also doesn't mean that you are doing the diet right. Because you are too focused on the numbers that you lose sight of eating good quality foods. Rather than focus on numbers, I suggest that you follow the recommended portions of lean meat, vegetables, fruit, starch and dairy every meal. You can find these out in the Structure for Custom Meals under Bonus.

Lastly, to answer your question @TracyCG, the details on the product itself is more reliable. Food labeling is state-regulated and it is illegal to print false nutritional facts and claims.

P.S.
Being on a diet doesn't mean that you have to be stressed and pressured when you eat. Breathe, relax, and enjoy what you eat.

Posted by TracyCG (Tuguegarao)
On 02/28/2013 6:33 am

I just started feb 18, a week into it and I lost 2 pounds already. But i dunno if the app helped.
@ white chocolate: sometimes my app says a product (like Nestlé fruit yogurt) has higher calories than what's printed on the packaging, which is real u think?

Posted by whitechocolate (Paranaque)
On 02/27/2013 9:11 pm

same thing here, if I follow strictly the meal plans, I noticed I'm a little off my prescribed calorie limit so I would lower it. I just started this week so I wouldn't know its impact on my weight loss :D

Comments 1 - 5 of 5

Access to and use of the forum is restricted to participants of the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen. You can start the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen now at an afforable price.

Already a member? Log in here.

Be healthy, happy, and slim with
good eating habits

I've helped millions around the world lose weight; and now, it's your turn to enjoy my expertise!

Stay Connected

The Bon Appétit Diet in the Media. (Roll over to read)