The Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen

The Bon Appétit Diet Forum

I'm Starting the Bon Appétit Diet

You too can start this proven weight loss diet by Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen

I am Male Female
My first name
My e-mail

FORUM : Questions About the Program

Newbie Trying to Understand all the Terminology and then some...

by belovedmick (Makati) Posted on 03/04/2013 7:43 pm

Toda is Day 1 for me and I feel pretty lost.

1. Can I drink more than one cup of coffee? Does the coffee have to be decaf?
2. Can I have fat-free or low-fat fruit yogurt instead of plain?
3. What is a recovery meal?
4. Can I have soy milk instead of cow's milk. I can't stand the taste of cow's milk on it's own. Or can i have the milk with fruit like a smoothie, without sugar?
5. Is it okay to substitute brown rice for white?
6. I usually have 4 glasses of water before I have any breakfast. Now that I'm on the BAD, can I still do this?

I think this is all for now. Sorry for all the questions. Feeling a bit overwhelmed and I feel quite lost while reading some of the other posts.

thanks!!! :)

Return to Forum

Responses:

Posted by echinaalegada, In-house Dietitian
On 03/05/2013 10:03 am

You are most welcome @belovedmick. Glad to be of help to you. :)

Posted by belovedmick (Makati)
On 03/05/2013 9:53 am

Thank you so much for answering right away @echinaalegada!

Posted by echinaalegada, In-house Dietitian
On 03/05/2013 8:41 am

Hi @belovedmick! Don't worry as it is but normal on your first day to feel lost. That's why your dietitians are here to guide and support you through the forums and you diet questions tool. So to answer your questions:

1. Yes, you can have more than 1 cup of coffee a day. It is suggested that adults may consume 200-300 mg of caffeine per day which is equal to having 2-3 cups of coffee a day. It doesn't have to be decaffeinated. But if you are hypertensive or you have cardiovascular disease, I suggest you opt for decaffeinated coffee. Remember to keep your coffee black and use sweetener like stevia, Equal or Splenda instead of sugar.
2. Yes, you can have fat-free or low-fat fruit flavored yogurt instead of the plain ones.
3. A recovery meal is composed of two hard-boiled egg whites, accompanied by a plate of steamed vegetables without using any fat and a cup of plain nonfat yogurt. You may follow this meal plan if at some point you over indulged from your previous meal like when you attend parties or when you eat out with friends.
4. Yes, you can substitute soy milk for cow's milk. Also, like what you suggested, you can make it into a fruit smoothie since you have a serving of fruit in every meal. There are a lot of dairy substitutes for cow's milk. Kindly refer to the List of Food Equivalences located at the Bonus page in your Tools.
5. Brown rice has higher fiber content than white rice. If you are wondering why white rice is in your meal plan, it's because most people still prefer to eat it. But of course, if you want to substitute and get the added benefits of fiber, then by all means do so. High fiber in your diet is beneficial for you in a lot of ways. Fiber helps lower cholesterol, reduces risk for diabetes and heart diseases, prevents constipation and helps you maintain a healthy weight.
6. I don't see any problem with you habit of drinking 4 glasses before breakfast. As long as you drink the recommended 8-10 glasses of water a day, then it's fine. :)

Comments 1 - 3 of 3

Access to and use of the forum is restricted to participants of the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen. You can start the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen now at an afforable price.

Already a member? Log in here.

Be healthy, happy, and slim with
good eating habits

I've helped millions around the world lose weight; and now, it's your turn to enjoy my expertise!

Stay Connected

The Bon Appétit Diet in the Media. (Roll over to read)