The Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen

The Bon Appétit Diet Forum

I'm Starting the Bon Appétit Diet

You too can start this proven weight loss diet by Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen

I am Male Female
My first name
My e-mail

FORUM : Recipes

Get a taste of your hometown's culinary!

by rheailagan, In-house Dietitian Posted on 02/19/2013 11:08 am

When you think of Bicolano food, the first thing that comes into your mind is the word “spicy, and coconut milk.” Not surprising. In fact, these are the trademark of Bicol foods and recipes. Every time someone is cooking any of the popular Bicolano dishes, expect that these would be spicy, with a touch of coconut milk. Bicol is best known for Bicol Express, Laing, Sinantolan (ground santol meat with gata and chilli), Kinunot (manta ray cooked in gata and malunggay leaves), and Tinuktok or Pinangat (ground shrimp or crab wrapped in gabi leaves and cooked in gata), all of which has gata (coconut milk) and sili (chilli) as ingredients. Or you may also try our "only-in-Bicol" all time favorite, hot log-log kinalas, a native noodle soup topped with pork bits, liver sauce and roasted garlic , with either fried banana fritters, or toasted siopao, a baked bread with pork and hard-boiled egg filling, on the side.

The Bon Appetit Diet version of Bicol Express, a Bicolano-style coconut-based stew made with meat (usually pork) and spiced with chilis, lots and lots of chilis!

http://bon-appetit-diet.belletoday.com.ph/centralized/meals/recipeinfo/816058

Proud to be a Bicolana! :)

...Share the best in your town, too!

Return to Forum

Responses:

Posted by Catmela (Quezon City)
On 08/07/2014 9:50 pm

Omg, this looks so good! :-q Will try it with tofu instead of pork. Thanks for the recipe! :)

Posted by charmaineanne (San Pedro), Community Manager
On 10/03/2013 12:17 pm

Here's the link. Just search for 'ginataan'

http://bon-appetit-diet.belletoday.com.ph/centralized/meals/searchrecipes

Posted by Buntis (Mandaluyong)
On 10/03/2013 8:27 am

I cantfind the recipes😟?

On 10/03/2013 8:26 am

Where are the recipes for these? I like to try ginataan meals 😄😄😄🍴🍴🍴🍴🍴????????

On 10/03/2013 8:26 am

Where are the recipes for these? I like to try ginataan meals 😄😄😄🍴🍴🍴🍴🍴????????

Posted by charmaineanne (San Pedro), Community Manager
On 10/01/2013 12:02 pm

@Buntis: You can search our Recipes database for some Ginataan recipes :-q

On 10/01/2013 9:52 am

Ginataan is great! Ive been thinking about it lately but its not in my meal plans yet. I' ll check it in the web. Thanks.

Posted by rheailagan (Mandaluyong), In-house Dietitian
On 02/26/2013 9:37 am

In Bicol, we say "masiram!". :) Haven't tried kadyos and laswa..

Posted by echinaalegada, In-house Dietitian
On 02/21/2013 1:41 pm

My family originated from Iloilo and Bacolod. I grew up with my parents' and grandparents' original Ilonggo style cooking. Almost every meal, we have Sinamak (spiced vinegar) and Ginamos (shrimp paste) on the side. I absolutely love Ilonggo food! The best dishes in our town are La Paz Batchoy, Pancit Molo, Chicken Inasal (chicken barbeque), Laswa (a healthy vegetable dish), Arroz Valenciana, Kadyos, Baboy at Langka, Pinamalhan (dry paksiw) and Kansi (Ilonggo version of Bulalo). Just thinking about these dishes makes me say---Manamit!

Comments 1 - 9 of 9

Access to and use of the forum is restricted to participants of the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen. You can start the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen now at an afforable price.

Already a member? Log in here.

Be healthy, happy, and slim with
good eating habits

I've helped millions around the world lose weight; and now, it's your turn to enjoy my expertise!

Stay Connected

The Bon Appétit Diet in the Media. (Roll over to read)