I'm Starting the Bon Appétit Diet

You too can start this proven weight loss diet by Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen

I am Male Female
My first name
My e-mail

FORUM : Products and Food

SPICE up your life!

by rheailagan (Mandaluyong), In-house Dietitian Posted on 03/05/2013 11:47 am

Spices and herbs are used to add flavor, taste and aroma to your food. Herbs are leaves from shrub. Spices are obtained from the bark, roots, stalk, seeds or fruit of the plant. Herbs have more subtle flavor, while spices usually have a much stronger flavor.

Herbs and spices help reduce the use of fat, sugar and salt in cooking. Use sweet-tasting spices like allspice, anise, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, mace and nutmeg to eliminate or lessen sugar use. Use spices that are strong to replace the taste of salt. For example, add black pepper, ginger, coriander, garlic powder, curry powder, cumin, dill seeds or basil. Do not add salt when cooking your past. Instead, add basil, oregano and parsley. Remove extra fat from your meat and soup. Add herbs to your dishes to increase the flavor.

To transform your bland-tasting meal to a flavorful one, here's a list of commonly used herbs and spices:

http://bon-appetit-diet.belletoday.com.ph/account/blogs/#!/account/blogs/blog.asp?rno=769073&b_id=47407

Happy cooking!

Return to Forum

Access to and use of the forum is restricted to participants of the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen. You can start the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen now at an afforable price.

Already a member? Log in here.

Be healthy, happy, and slim with
good eating habits

I've helped millions around the world lose weight; and now, it's your turn to enjoy my expertise!

Stay Connected

The Bon Appétit Diet in the Media. (Roll over to read)