I'm Starting the Bon Appétit Diet

You too can start this proven weight loss diet by Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen

I am Male Female
My first name
My e-mail

FORUM : Products and Food

durian fruit serving

by wanabefit (Island Garden City Of Samal) Posted on 05/04/2013 8:53 pm

hi, I'm from Davao, and Durian is one of our favorite fruit, just asking if a pc of durian that would be 1 seed is equivalent to 1 serving of fruit or not actually recommended as fruit substitute? thank you.

Return to Forum

Responses:

Posted by wanabefit (Island Garden City Of Samal)
On 05/07/2013 5:40 pm

thank you, now i don't have to feel guilty eating one... ;-)

Posted by rheailagan (Mandaluyong), In-house Dietitian
On 05/06/2013 6:30 pm

Hi wanabefit:

*-:) Some health benefits of durian fruit:

1. Durian, like other tropical fruits such as Banana, avocado, and jackfruit, is rich in energy, minerals and vitamins.

2. It contains simple sugars (like fructose and sucrose) that when eaten replenish energy and revitalize the body instantly.

3. Durian is rich in dietary fiber, which makes it a good bulk laxative. The fiber content helps to protect the colon mucous membrane by decreasing exposure time and as well as binding to cancer-causing chemicals in the colon.

3. The durian fruit is a good source of antioxidant vitamin-C. Consumption of foods rich in vitamin C helps the body develop resistance against infectious agents and scavenge harmful free radicals.

4. The fruit is an excellent source of health benefiting B-complex groups of vitamins; a rare feature among fruits, such as niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), pyridoxine (vitamin B-6) and thiamin (vitamin B-1).

5. It also contains a good amount of minerals like manganese, copper, iron and magnesium.

6. Fresh durian fruit is a very rich source of potassium.

:-q

Posted by wanabefit (Island Garden City Of Samal)
On 05/06/2013 2:12 pm

Thanks @echinaalegada, I thought durian cotains something that is not good for diet hehehe >:)

Posted by echinaalegada, In-house Dietitian
On 05/06/2013 1:12 pm

Hi @wanabefit! 1 segment of durian counts as 1 serving of fruit. :)

Comments 1 - 4 of 4

Access to and use of the forum is restricted to participants of the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen. You can start the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen now at an afforable price.

Already a member? Log in here.

Be healthy, happy, and slim with
good eating habits

I've helped millions around the world lose weight; and now, it's your turn to enjoy my expertise!

Stay Connected

The Bon Appétit Diet in the Media. (Roll over to read)