I'm Starting the Bon Appétit Diet

You too can start this proven weight loss diet by Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen

I am Male Female
My first name
My e-mail

FORUM : Morale and Motivation

What triggers your food cravings?

by echinaalegada, In-house Dietitian Posted on 07/02/2013 10:35 am

Boredom, stress, anger, sadness, anxiety, general need for comfort and habit, these are just some of the psychological and emotional factors that triggers our food cravings.

Do you ever find yourself reaching for a bag of chips after being stressed at work? How about eating a whole pint of ice cream after a really bad break-up? Tell us, what triggers your food cravings? And how do you deal with it?

Return to Forum

Responses:

Posted by Grazzilda (Quezon City)
On 11/25/2014 2:12 pm

PMS triggers binge eating in my experience. Depression does the opposite, it makes me stay away from food!

Posted by victoriacastillo (Parañaque)
On 08/01/2014 3:27 pm

@ Carmela: I do that too, it's what keeps me going through my workout. :D

Posted by Catmela (Quezon City)
On 07/30/2014 9:22 pm

OMFG, I look like the girl in the photo! :^> :D

Since I work from home and spend long hours alone, loneliness and boredom are my usual triggers for overeating. I'm also solitary by nature and socializing is stressful for me. And when stress hits, I tend to eat carby food for that endorphin rush.

My main go-to comfort 'food' though is a nice, hot cup of coffee.

@Victoria: Same here, I'm constantly tuned in to TLC and AFC, so a good portion of my attention is centered around food (I love cooking). Those shows are powerful triggers for food cravings, so sometimes I do my workouts while watching them. :-q

Posted by victoriacastillo (Parañaque)
On 07/02/2013 3:52 pm

I'm not really an emotional eater. Although sometimes, I do have a drink or something indulgent when really sad or when celebrating, it doesn't really go out of control for me.

What triggers my cravings is my general love of food! I've been watching food shows since I was a kid (Nora Daza!). My TV is constantly on Food Network or TLC's food shows. I read food blogs and restaurant reviews every day, and then I'll crave for something that sounds good.

Comments 1 - 4 of 4

Access to and use of the forum is restricted to participants of the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen. You can start the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen now at an afforable price.

Already a member? Log in here.

Be healthy, happy, and slim with
good eating habits

I've helped millions around the world lose weight; and now, it's your turn to enjoy my expertise!

Stay Connected

The Bon Appétit Diet in the Media. (Roll over to read)