I'm Starting the Bon Appétit Diet

You too can start this proven weight loss diet by Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen

I am Male Female
My first name
My e-mail

FORUM : Products and Food

Food scale

by trinagee_bt Posted on 02/24/2012 9:47 pm

Hi everyone! Do any of you know where I could buy a food weighing scale? Hpw much? Are any of you using one? I've read somewhere that using a scale is better than using measuring cups? Is it true?

Return to Forum

Responses:

Posted by trinagee_bt
On 02/28/2012 12:12 pm

Yehey! That would be great and pretty useful as well. :D

Posted by victoriacastillo (Parañaque)
On 02/27/2012 9:24 am

I just know that weights are generally better than measuring cups when it comes to baking, because measuring cups pretty much rely on volume, and humidity can slightly affect the volume of ingredients. Weight remains the same, so that's always precise.

IMO, though, it's not necessary to buy a food weighing scale. If you have measuring cups on hand, you can very well rely on those. 1 cup = 8 oz or 250 ml. I actually have one at home (just bought it from Landmark department store), but I don't think it's ever been used. ;)

But if you're going to the next meet-up, Charmaine and Laarni are going to demonstrate how to eyeball proper food portions. It'll be handy, since our topic is eating out, and you won't have measuring devices during those occasions. =)

Comments 1 - 2 of 2

Access to and use of the forum is restricted to participants of the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen. You can start the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen now at an afforable price.

Already a member? Log in here.

Be healthy, happy, and slim with
good eating habits

I've helped millions around the world lose weight; and now, it's your turn to enjoy my expertise!

Stay Connected

The Bon Appétit Diet in the Media. (Roll over to read)