You too can start this proven weight loss diet by Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen

I am Male Female
My first name
My e-mail

FORUM : Products and Food

Diet for the stress and depressed

by laarni (Calamba), Team Member Posted on 02/29/2012 9:29 am

Hi everyone!

When you're stressed or depressed, do you have an increased or decreased appetite? Do you lose or gain weight?

What do you usually crave for? What food makes you happy during these times?

As for me, I have an increased appetite so I gain weight. I usually have ice cream whenever I feel sad. It makes me happy and calm.

Return to Forum

Responses:

Posted by arlsorono ()
On 10/04/2012 2:57 pm

When i am stress or depress i always gain weight. I always crave for ice cream when i am stress or pizza when i am depress.... :)

Posted by fabulousgem (Cebu city)
On 04/19/2012 11:04 am

Thanks, Laarni and Charmaine. All your posts are really very helpful and full of tips that we can apply and use. And yep, venting really helps--HA!--and eating the power foods against stress! Now I know. . .

Thanks very much, ladies.

Posted by charmaineanne (San Pedro), Community Manager
On 04/03/2012 4:25 pm

Hi there!

I hope that my blogs can help you out. These are based on scientific studies. You may try these out and see if eating these foods will actually help :)

Foods that can make you happier:

http://bon-appetit-diet.belletoday.com.ph/account/blogs/blog.asp?rno=459798&b_id=13508

Power foods against stress:

http://bon-appetit-diet.belletoday.com.ph/account/blogs/blog.asp?rno=459798&b_id=14177

Posted by laarni (Calamba), Team Member
On 04/03/2012 11:32 am

Hi Gem!

You are totally right! Actually, stress is not the culprit, it's overeating... Managing stress effectively will stop you from mindless eating.

Engage in activities with other people and practice proper breathing to clear your mind. Vent out when possible and live free :)

Posted by fabulousgem (Cebu city)
On 03/31/2012 10:40 pm

Stress triggers high levels of cortisol, the stress hormone, which contributes to increased abdominal fat, thus weight gain. In my work (as publications planner), stress is unavoidable. In effect, I eat more when I'm stressed, as if my body is looking to be compensated (and loved!) as I suffer from stress at work. I can't think when I'm stressed. I only feel the burden of the problem and work I'm faced with, which in my case, results in emotional overeating.

Hopefully, this program with can help me. Truly looking forward to the group's support. :)

-Gee

Posted by victoriacastillo (Parañaque)
On 02/29/2012 4:29 pm

I have a drink or two when I'm depressed, but I'm really not alcoholic...I never drink to the point of being intoxicated.

Posted by trinagee_bt
On 02/29/2012 2:20 pm

I have an increased appetite everytime I'm depressed. I'm a very melancholic type of person, so I feel depressed a lot and can't handle stress that well. I turn to comfort food most of the time. My comfort food are usually chips like Pringles, Piattos, and Hershey's Milk Chocolate bar. A few months ago, I would eat a can of Pringles with a bar of Hershey's Milk Chocolate bar. And before I knew it, I have already gained 15lbs, which brings me to my current weight today. :((

Comments 1 - 7 of 7

Access to and use of the forum is restricted to participants of the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen. You can start the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen now at an afforable price.

Already a member? Log in here.

Be healthy, happy, and slim with
good eating habits

I've helped millions around the world lose weight; and now, it's your turn to enjoy my expertise!

Stay Connected

The Bon Appétit Diet in the Media. (Roll over to read)