I'm Starting the Bon Appétit Diet

You too can start this proven weight loss diet by Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen

I am Male Female
My first name
My e-mail

FORUM : Products and Food

I'm a rice-eater...

by laarni (Calamba), Team Member Posted on 03/21/2012 2:03 pm

Aren't you glad that rice is not prohibited in The Bon Appetit Diet?

We, Filipinos are a big rice-eater. In fact, it's a big sacrifice for us to give up rice when we want to lose weight.
Given that, have you ever tried eating other rice varieties aside from the white, polished rice we usually eat every meal?
What have you tried already?
Red, brown, black, purple? How does it taste? Do you like it?

Return to Forum

Responses:

Posted by sharonfaith (Imus), In-house Dietitian
On 10/11/2013 4:19 pm

Thank you for sharing this Bellestar. We also use brown rice here in our office cafeteria meals. I am planning on using brown rice too in our home and I will surely try your tip on how to properly cook it. Yumyum! ;)

Posted by Bellestar (San Pedro)
On 10/10/2013 1:05 am

We eat brown rice at home. I like it because it doesn't taste different from white rice plus you get benefits from it because its a good source of fiber. One just have to learn the proper way of cooking brown rice so that it will taste the same as white rice. The proper way of cooking is wash it twice, put twice as much water as you would put on white rice then let it soak for 30 mins before cooking. It also cooks a lot longer than white rice.

Comments 1 - 2 of 2

Access to and use of the forum is restricted to participants of the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen. You can start the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen now at an afforable price.

Already a member? Log in here.

Be healthy, happy, and slim with
good eating habits

I've helped millions around the world lose weight; and now, it's your turn to enjoy my expertise!

Stay Connected

The Bon Appétit Diet in the Media. (Roll over to read)