I'm Starting the Bon Appétit Diet

You too can start this proven weight loss diet by Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen

I am Male Female
My first name
My e-mail

FORUM : My First Weeks on the Bon Appétit Diet Program

Recommended snacks

by muneek (Paranaque) Posted on 03/12/2012 7:47 pm

Its my first day today and i culd say that im successful in cooking and eating whats in my 900KCal plan. Yay!

I would like to know your recommended snacks after meals. This afternoon i felt hungry so ate half an apple and a few chicharon ni mang juan.. Did i cheat? Hehe

Return to Forum

Responses:

Posted by iamrain (Metro Manila)
On 08/06/2012 1:27 pm

Hi Charmaine! Can I make my own hot choco without buying the premix packets? What would you recommend? Would Milo or Ovaltine work? Or maybe unsweetened cocoa with some sugar / stevia and skim / soy milk?

On 08/06/2012 1:27 pm

Hi Charmaine! Can I make my own hot choco without buying the premix packets? What would you recommend? Would Milo or Ovaltine work? Or maybe unsweetened cocoa with some sugar / stevia and skim / soy milk?

Posted by charmaineanne (San Pedro), Community Manager
On 08/06/2012 11:28 am

Hi again marian_zuno,

OK I checked the nutritional facts of swiss miss diet hot choco, and it's actually a very good product, with only 25 calories and with calcium too!If you are going to have this, only substitute with HALF of your dairy serving. You can add 4 oz of nonfat milk into your diet hot choco to make it creamier!

Posted by marian_zuno (Binan)
On 08/03/2012 4:44 pm

Hi Charmaineanne,

Thank you for your response.. what I bought is the swiss miss diet hot choco.. it doesn't say it has milk but it says less sugar.. so i can replace yoghurt with it right? i just want more variations with my meal plan,.. ;) thanks again!

On 08/03/2012 1:57 pm

Hi marian_zuno!

I'm not really keen with hot choco as most of what's sold in the supermarkets contain a lot of sugar. If you are going to have a low fat hot choco (is this with milk?), substitute your dairy serving with it. Choose the kind with the lowest sugar content.

On 08/03/2012 10:37 am

is it fine to substitute water or tea with diet hot choco?

On 08/03/2012 10:37 am

is it fine to substitute water or tea with diet hot choco?

On 07/27/2012 1:38 pm

@iamrain: yes, taho falls under dairy(or dairy substitute), as it is made out of soy. 1/2 cup of taho is alright. Use just a little amount of syrup, about 1 tsp.

On 07/27/2012 1:14 pm

I sometimes have taho as a snack after a hard workout. Does this fall under dairy? What's the correct portion size? I'm not sure if I should use soymilk as the base. Thanks!

On 07/03/2012 10:25 am

Hi Loida,

You can have snacks or merienda in between your 3 main meals. What you can do is save other food items from your meal, like a fruit or dairy, and then have it as a snack. This is for you to still meet your calorie requirement for the day :)

Comments 11 - 20 of 23

Access to and use of the forum is restricted to participants of the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen. You can start the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen now at an afforable price.

Already a member? Log in here.

Be healthy, happy, and slim with
good eating habits

I've helped millions around the world lose weight; and now, it's your turn to enjoy my expertise!

Stay Connected

The Bon Appétit Diet in the Media. (Roll over to read)