I'm Starting the Bon Appétit Diet

You too can start this proven weight loss diet by Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen

I am Male Female
My first name
My e-mail

FORUM : My First Weeks on the Bon Appétit Diet Program

My Week 1 experience

by laarnitangonan (Antipolo) Posted on 01/23/2013 6:20 am

I'm trying to follow the recommended meals for my diet plan but i find it hard to consume all of the in one sitting due to time limit( due to my work). Can I eat some during snack time? Thank you.

Return to Forum

Responses:

Posted by echinaalegada, In-house Dietitian
On 05/27/2013 3:16 pm

@Maria_1116: Congratulations on your 2 pounds weight loss! That is quite an achievement. Good job! I'm sorry to hear that you had headaches but it's good that you're better now. Keep it up, you're on the right track! :-q

@Chayee: Kudos on your first 2 pounds weight loss! :-q I hope you really try to have breakfast because it is the most important meal of the day. Eating a good breakfast promotes healthy weight loss and it prevents you from having unnecessary cravings.

You can substitute any vegetable that you like with the pickled vegetable scheduled for your Wednesday dinner. You can have 1/2 cup cooked vegetables or 1 cup fresh salad with vinaigrette. :)

Posted by Ariane_Chinita (Mandaluyong)
On 05/27/2013 3:11 pm

Ok Agree. I am being OC again. From now on, I will take this program lightly. Happy losing weight everyone!

Posted by Chayee (Qc)
On 05/26/2013 5:43 pm

Done with week one! Lost 2 lbs. haven't been having bfast still. I was looking at my week 2 meal plan and saw that i will be having pickled veggies for dinner on wed. What can i substitute for this dish?

Posted by Maria_1116 (Caloocan)
On 05/26/2013 2:07 am

I lost 2 lbs. this first wk! I had a rough start because I was getting headaches but the advice given was helpful. I did not expect to lose weight bec I seem to be eating more than usual but I am so happy that I did (even if it was just weight I gained just before starting the program). I can't say I enjoy all the food in my meal plan but I plan to stick to it to finally reach my ideal weight.
Goodluck to all of us!

Posted by charmaineanne (San Pedro), Community Manager
On 05/23/2013 5:00 pm

@ Chayee: Try to wake up a little bit earlier and begin by having a light breakfast. Other items in that meal can be taken as a snack. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, especially for dieters, as it sets the pace for your hormones to be balanced throughout the day.

@ Ariane_Chinita: The small difference in weight is very negligible when the food you've eaten gets digested by the body. Especially for raw vegetables, which you can even eat as much as you want in order to control your cravings. Just relax and enjoy your food. A healthy diet need not be stressful.

On 05/23/2013 4:51 pm

Agree, the per cup measurement is easier. But I think that is more susceptible to error if there is no indication as to the cutting type or size. For example, if I cut a carrot into strips at 2 inches long versus the squared ones, I assume there is a discrepancy on the weight.

Posted by Chayee (Qc)
On 05/23/2013 12:12 pm

I really cant wakeup for breakfast. Is it okay that i incorporated my bfast food as snacks in between or post work out snacks?

Posted by charmaineanne (San Pedro), Community Manager
On 05/20/2013 5:21 pm

@Chayee: If it is on the meal plan, it's cooked weight. If it's on the recipe, it's raw weight.

@Ariane_Chinita: Hi, in the meal plans/recipes you will notice that for vegetable measurements, we often used the cups for measurements bec. that's easier to follow. Follow what's easier for you. As a standard, 1 cup of raw, uncooked leafy veggies is about 25 g while 1/2 cup of raw, uncooked starchy vegetable is about 40 g.

Please refer to the ff. measures for 1 portion of vegetables:
1 cup raw leafy vegetable
2 cups cooked leafy vegetable
1/2 cup raw starchy vegetable
1/2 cup cooked starchy vegetable
1/2 cup pure vegetable juice

On 05/20/2013 12:16 pm

Last night, I segregated my food portion from the usual family consumption by weighing what is indicated in the grocery list for proper monitoring of what is left. This morning, I had a hard time measuring the items as the meal plan states it in pc/cup. If i follow the conversion of 25g for a cup of leafy veggies and 40g for a cup of starchy veggies, it doesn't add up. Appreciate if you state the items in a consistent way. Thanks. :^>

Posted by Chayee (Qc)
On 05/20/2013 10:51 am

Hi! Just want to askif the grams on the meat is if it's raw or cooked?

Comments 1 - 10 of 26

Access to and use of the forum is restricted to participants of the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen. You can start the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen now at an afforable price.

Already a member? Log in here.

Be healthy, happy, and slim with
good eating habits

I've helped millions around the world lose weight; and now, it's your turn to enjoy my expertise!

Stay Connected

The Bon Appétit Diet in the Media. (Roll over to read)