I'm Starting the Bon Appétit Diet

You too can start this proven weight loss diet by Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen

I am Male Female
My first name
My e-mail

FORUM : My First Weeks on the Bon Appétit Diet Program

Week 1 Feedback

by gisaparedes (Quezon City), Team Member Posted on 12/06/2011 2:36 pm

How have you found your first week on the program so far? Is there anything you're looking for that you were happy to find? What about things you were hoping to find but could not?
Let us know!

Return to Forum

Responses:

Posted by rheanna (Manila)
On 12/27/2011 4:15 pm

Hi Charmaine,
Thanks for the prompt response. haha will have to lessen my tomato intake then.
Ok noted on that :)

Posted by charmaineanne (San Pedro), Community Manager
On 12/27/2011 1:32 pm

Hi rheanna!

It's okay to interchange your Tuesday meal plan with the one for Wednesday :)
2 pcs of tomato will be about 20 grams only.
For kesong puti and low fat cheese, you may substitute them with cottage cheese, or any dairy product equivalent to it. Please refer to the List of Food Equivalences under Bonus. Here is the link: http://bon-appetit-diet.com/account/home.asp#!/account/bonus/list-of-food-equivalences.asp

:D

Posted by rheanna (Manila)
On 12/27/2011 12:51 pm

Hello,
I am on my 2nd day today. However, the diet plan I followed today was for Wednesday. I was not able to defrost the fish that's why :(
I planned to swap my Tues and Wed mean plan. Is this ok?

Also, it there's no grammage stated in the meal plan, shall I assume that the grammage is the one stated on the shopping list? ex. 2 pcs tomato. In the shopping list, it says 55g tomato. Does the 2 pcs = 55g?

What's a good substitue for kesong puti and low fat cheese? I can't one in the supermarket near my place.

Posted by egg_pie (mandaluyong city)
On 12/27/2011 9:16 am

It's my 2nd day in the program today and so far I look forward to each meal. I also enlisted my husband so i don't just prepare meals for myself but i include him as well. I have made a lot of changes in the way i eat since early this year so the BAD meal plan just puts a balance to my every meal. Actually, i get more opportunities to eat fruits and veggies this time and I like this. :)

Posted by charmaineanne (San Pedro), Community Manager
On 12/21/2011 2:09 pm

Hi Illuminati624!

Don't feel discouraged! It's just a preconceived notion that eating carbs like rice and bread will make you fat. We need carbs in our daily diet for energy. It's a part of a healthy and balanced diet. Weight gain is caused by an excess of total calorie intake, whether it may come from carbohydrates, protein, or fat. In the Bon Appetit Diet, although the total calories you eat per day is controlled, we make sure that we don't compensate for other essential nutrients needed by the body. The diet is well-balanced by including all food groups in your everyday meals.

Posted by Illuminati624 (Paranaque)
On 12/21/2011 11:05 am

Its my third day today. I showed my Tita (completely obsessed with losing weight) my diet. She took one glance and said that theres so much to eat per meal and she doubts I'll lose the weight. She's following the other Cohen diet by the way. In her diet, theres no rice, bread or anything with sugary substances. Thats what she compared with the BAD. If I'm not mistaken, the Cohen diet has way lower calories than the BAD. I tried to explain to her that if i go below 1000 calories, i would not be able to move and workout. How else can I convince her that this is not a diet but a lifestyle? Now she's making me doubt my own program.

Posted by gisaparedes (Quezon City), Team Member
On 12/16/2011 11:53 am

Hi rafatine!

Thank you for your feedback. We will do our best to fix the lists on our end. In the meantime, for any dietary questions re: your meals etc, you can ask this question through Tools > Personal Questions and Dr JM Cohen's team will gladly answer your concerns.

Have a great day!

Posted by rafatine (calamba)
On 12/12/2011 12:25 pm

hello fellow bad-ers ;) it's my first day on the diet and this early i am already encountering difficulties. first off, i have to cook several meals because mine is different from that my family is having. but i am sure i can feed them the bad menu, too. just some questions... 1)if i cook veggies their way (ex. beans and carrots sauted in oil and with some meat flavored with seasoning mix)can i just get from there my portion for the day? 2) can i use other sugar subs, like equal, in the absence of stevia? 3)is brown rice ok in lieu of white rice 4)instead of cottage cheese, i ate kesong puti bec. that's what i have at home 4)this one's a comment. i went to the market this morning and followed the shopping list for vegetables and found out later that the list is not complete (no dahon ng ampalaya, no eggs, no chicken fillet and no kangkong to name some). busy as i am, i relied on the shopping list not bothering to check against the menu for its completeness. anyway, lesson learned, but i have to allocate time to check list versus menu. it's just the first day, i hope i can pull it through. thanks for educating us regarding proper nutrition.

Posted by azir (Pagadian )
On 12/12/2011 8:58 am

I am a little bit frustrated as I weigh myself this morning. Unfortunately, I haven't lose any weight at all. I admit, that I've tried to follow the customary meal prepared for me but there are some lapses as the day progresses. Also, I haven't taken any exercise, even a little walk during the day. Last Saturday I've spent my day washing clothes. It's my routinary work for the day as I only wash clothes every Saturday (whole week clothes). But then, I am not losing hope to lose. I'm currently changing my diet preference to 900kcal.

Posted by victoriacastillo (Parañaque)
On 12/07/2011 4:01 pm

@ lovesushi: Shouldn't be a problem, just as long as you follow the List of Food Equivalences and Structure for Custom Meal Plans, which you can find in Meals > Bonus. :-q

Comments 101 - 110 of 113

Access to and use of the forum is restricted to participants of the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen. You can start the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen now at an afforable price.

Already a member? Log in here.

Be healthy, happy, and slim with
good eating habits

I've helped millions around the world lose weight; and now, it's your turn to enjoy my expertise!

Stay Connected

The Bon Appétit Diet in the Media. (Roll over to read)