I'm Starting the Bon Appétit Diet

You too can start this proven weight loss diet by Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen

I am Male Female
My first name
My e-mail

FORUM : My First Weeks on the Bon Appétit Diet Program

Week 1 Feedback

by gisaparedes (Quezon City), Team Member Posted on 12/06/2011 2:36 pm

How have you found your first week on the program so far? Is there anything you're looking for that you were happy to find? What about things you were hoping to find but could not?
Let us know!

Return to Forum

Responses:

Posted by armi_adecer (Cabanatuan City)
On 03/05/2012 0:20 am

dear trinagee_bt, you might remember what dr. cohen has told you at the start of the program " the success of your weight loss journey will largely depend on you." at this point in time you might want to reassess yourself,in terms of your intentions in doing this diet program. you have to commit yourself to this program in order to reap its benefits. it would also help if you have the support of your family and friends. let them know of what you are going through, and for all you know, they might be able to help you in some way. verbalizing your weight loss goal to your family and friends will also help you stick to your diet plan. as for your issues on food choices - is it very hard for you to resist chocolate, etc. or is it just because you are still hungry? there has to be a conscious effort on your part to want to look for and opt for alternative/healthier food options. according to dr. cohen, eating fruits and vegetables on top of your daily menu will not affect in any way your weight loss goal. the more fresh they are, the better, but you can also eat cooked ones, if you like. anticipate the times when you will tend to give in to temptation. bring cucumber/carrots/apples, etc. to work/school so you have a snack ready whenever you get hungry. you can choose to eat chocolate if you are really fond of them. two squares in place of your fruit for lunch/dinner. once in a while, and not all the time. ;)resume your exercise once you are confident in following the diet plan.

Posted by trinagee_bt
On 03/03/2012 10:27 pm

Hi guys! I'm going to be honest here. I started last week and I did partly the customized and partly the suggested meal plan indicated on the menu. However, it was really difficult for me to follow everything on the dot. Is this normal? I've had some slip ups here and there, but what I do enjoy most is the breakfast part. But I have also given in to sinful treats this week (I have eaten Magnum ice cream, twice this week. I also had a triangle of toblerone). Do you have any advice on how I could improve my consistency? Exercise was very difficult for me this week since I was so stressed with coming up with ideas and doing projects and papers for school. And because of that stress I felt so depressed and frustrated. I'm all good now though, but it seem to have made me feel lethargic and game me anxiety attacks. Now I'm down with the flu so I really can't exercise. Hoping that next Monday would be better. :)

On 02/18/2012 7:28 am

bulanglang is the type of dish popular in northern luzon (the Ilocanos love this) wherein vegetables(i.e.upo) are cooked in a small amount of water, say about one cup, added with a small amount of bagoong(brown) or alamang(pink in color). they usually combine this with cooked fish (inihaw na tilapia)for added flavor. my mouth is watering already.

Posted by mickay1982 (Davao)
On 02/16/2012 1:57 pm

what is bulanglang?

Posted by attydanamendiola (Paranaque)
On 02/07/2012 10:10 am

thank you ms. laarni! :)

Posted by laarni (Calamba), Team Member
On 02/06/2012 8:51 am

attydanamendiola: 13 lbs of weight loss in the 2nd week is acceptable, healthy and really amazing, I must say. For people who have a lot to lose, it is normal to lose more 2-3 lbs during their first two weeks. For the succeeding weeks, it is still okay to lose more than 1-2 lbs as long as you do not feel sluggish or very hungry at a particular time of the day. As long as you are following the meals we have for you, you'll be okay. I am so happy for your weight update. Very inspiring indeed! :-q

On 02/05/2012 1:58 am

you can do it too, ms. armi_adecer! :-q

On 02/04/2012 8:48 am

congratulations attyanamendiola on your weight loss achievement! whew! that was quite a lot of pounds shed in so short a time. i guess the added exercise on top of your diet brought about the big change. as for me, i lost about the same amount after 6-7 weeks. i don't have an exercise routine, though. i guess, with your success story, i am inspired to add exercise on top of my diet program. thanks a lot!

On 02/03/2012 7:10 pm

At first I had a hard time during my first week as my friends brought a whole banapple cake for my mum. I pushed through though. It took all my willpower but I made it.

I'm in my 2nd week and I'm so happy to say that I lost 13 lbs. However, I read that the healthy weightloss is 2-3 lbs. per week. Is my weightloss normal? Is it because I also go to the gym while doing this wonderful diet?

Posted by laarni (Calamba), Team Member
On 02/03/2012 2:43 pm

@robles_mr:

To take full advantage of an evening with friends or a drink, I particularly recommend the soft drinks and calorie-free. There is currently a wide range of light soft drinks, sugar-free, take your pick! You can also flavor a glass of sparkling water using syrup without sugar, or a lemon.

If you are served with alcohol, politely ask for a glass or two of wine instead. Have it in exchange for your fruit servings

Comments 81 - 90 of 113

Access to and use of the forum is restricted to participants of the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen. You can start the Bon Appétit Diet with Dr. Jean-Michel Cohen now at an afforable price.

Already a member? Log in here.

Be healthy, happy, and slim with
good eating habits

I've helped millions around the world lose weight; and now, it's your turn to enjoy my expertise!

Stay Connected

The Bon Appétit Diet in the Media. (Roll over to read)